28.2.09

Coconut oil

I found a new moisturiser, one that is organic and affordable and smells sweet... Actually besides a moisturiser, it could also be used as a cooking oil, a lip balm, a leave-in conditioner for hair, a deodorant, a massage oil and a sunscreen, according to the Finnish blog Kemikaalicocktail. No explanation on how it works as a sunscreen though, so I wouldn't count on it to provide any protection from UV.
Po-zu, who make ecological shoes also have an edible shoe cream made of organic coconut oil. So I guess plain coconut oil can be used for a light shoe cream as well.
For skin it takes a while to seep in, but doesn't leave it sticky or oily. I'm not all crazy about smelling sweet and coconutty from head to toe though, so I plan to add some essential oils to my moisturiser. Maybe lavender.

2 kommenttia:

Anonyymi kirjoitti...

Thank you so much for your sweet birthday wishes! I'm really enjoying your blog - you have a beautiful place here. I can totally relate to your thoughts about the challenges of blogging, connecting to readers, and staying true to yourself. It's a balancing act. You seem to be doing it well!

I just discovered almond oil as a moisturizer and I love it. So simple and pure. I recommend letting the coconut oil sit on your skin for a 10-15 minutes and then putting a hot, steaming wash cloth on your face. It really helps the oil absorb and leaves your skin feeling wonderful and fresh. So needed at this time of year, when we're all dry and patchy.

xoxo,
P.

Hanna kirjoitti...

P.: I couldn't be more flattered! Thanks for the lovely comment.

I have to try the steaming wash cloth trick. It makes coconut oil and moisturising my skin sound so luxurious!