7.4.09

Update on coconut oil usage

So many uses coconut oil should be brilliant at. And I admit, most of them I didn't try. I didn't try using coconut oil on my face (experimenting with the skin on my face is too awkward). I did not leave it in my hair for a conditioning effect. Sounds like a greasy result. I only used it as a cooking oil when I ran out of olive oil (did give a nice flavour to my popcorn though, unlike olive oil). The best, and almost only, experimenting was to use coconut oil in the sauna. It really did leave my skin very soft afterwards.
I was just happy to use the oil as a simple, good moisturiser. I still would be. But then I ate it all. Not that I like the taste, I don't. It's the jar of dry carob powder I bought, the crawing for that stuff is bad.
I mixed the carob with my barley fake-coffee, or just with hot water and honey, actually only with honey as well. I also ate the stuff straight from the jar, and mixed carob with vanilla and coconut oil for some consistency plus maybe added some hot water and ate it hot or cold. Now, a week later, all of the carob and the rest of coconut oil are gone.
I wouldn't really encourage you to try any of the mentioned receipes at home. I'm sure there are better and more skilled ways to use carob (or coconut). But if you can, please, do explain me what is it with carob powder. Maybe it is the magnesium I crave for. Could it simply be the sweet, raw taste of carob? Making me go so far as to tolerate the taste of coconut oil as well.

4 kommenttia:

Anni kirjoitti...

hihi. :P

P. kirjoitti...

I love using coconut or almond oil on my skin and hair. I was DEEPLY skeptical, but it works wonderfully. The trick is to massage the oil into your hair before you shower, wrap it up in a plastic bag and a warm towel, and let it set for 15 minutes. Then wash. It gives you incredibly soft hair. For the face, massage it into your skin, wait a few minutes, and them drape a warm washcloth over your skin. Everything will absorb and your skin will feel wonderful.

Hanna kirjoitti...

Sounds like it might work after all! I'll have to combine the hair thing to my sauna routine. The great thing about coconut oil is that it doesn't run and make a mess like other oils.

Hanna kirjoitti...

Anni: I'll get you hooked as well.